The 8-semester bachelor’s programme Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (Dual System) is an undergraduate study programme accompanied by practical professional training. It combines technical vocational training or employment with university studies in electrical engineering and information technology. This system takes less time than the usual pattern of a separate vocational training or employment followed by university studies – without compromising neither the practical nor the theoretical parts. The partner enterprises are in charge of and responsible for the vocational training or employment.
The basic modules focus on broad instruction in the fundamentals of natural sciences, mathematics as well as electrical engineering and information technology. The specialisation modules serve to deepen your subject-specific knowledge in your area of interest. Depending on your choice of specialisation, you acquire subject-specific expertise in the following fields:
- Automation Technology: fundamentals of instrumentation, control and automation (ICA); automated processes and process plants
- Electrical Power Engineering: fundamentals of mechanics and control engineering; energy production and distribution, electromagnetic compatibility, electrical drives and power electronics
- Microelectronics: fundamentals of semiconductor circuits; integrated circuit design and testing; semiconductor manufacturing
- Information Technology: fundamentals of signals and systems theory; data transmission, network security as well as conception, design and implementation of application systems in information technology; application of anything from microcontrollers to internet-based distributed environments
- Communications Technology: fundamentals of signals and systems theory; digital signal processing and data transmission
Within a technical compulsory elective module, you can expand your skills in your area of specialisation or deepen your engineering expertise. In parallel, we teach you transferable skills in modules on English, fundamentals of business administration and in a non-technical compulsory elective module.
The programme ends with an eight-week practical project and a bachelor’s thesis.